Monday, December 17, 2012

Kindness Day

This Thursday, my kindergarten class is going to celebrate a Random Act of Kindness Day. Every year, we have a Grinch Day. We read the book and talk about the character and discuss ways to be kind toward others.

This year, I decided to change the day a bit and call it "Random Acts of Kindness Day." I was inspired by Ann Curry from NBC News.  After the horrific events that took place at Sandy Hook, Ann Curry asked people to imagine what it would look like if we all committed to 20 acts of kindness in honor of the beautiful young lives that were lost in the tragic event. 

The main focus of the day in my classroom will be how we can spread kindness throughout our school and show our friends and teachers how much we care for them. I am sharing my letter with all of you.










Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Giggles and Squeals said...

Ahh that is so sweet! Thank you for sharing! This will be super nice especially since Friday! They will love it!

Everyday Is A West Fest said...

This is awesome and I can't wait to do it with my class! Thank you for sharing!

Melissa P. Brittany P. said...

I love love love this idea! I'm really looking forward to doing this it with my class! What a great lesson and I love that you tied int he Grinch and characters!

Post a Comment