Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Scarecrows - Character and Setting Freebies

Hi there! Our theme this week is "Scarecrows." We have been having a ton of fun with this theme. For the past month, we have been focusing a lot on the main characters and supporting characters in the fictional books we read together. Today, I introduced the concept of "the setting" of a story. We mainly discussed where the story takes place. Scarecrow books are perfect because most of them take place on a farm so the setting is easy for children to identify. I made a few new activities for this theme. Enjoy!


The first book we read was Scarecrow by Cynthia Rylant. I pretty much love anything she writes! This book is fantastic! The illustrations are beautiful.










The next book is The Scarecrow's Hat by Ken Brown. My school librarian introduced this book to me
- another great one!





Pin It Now!

1 comments:

Lisa Mattes said...

Thanks for the great freebies! I just downloaded all of them! Glad to have found you and am your newest follower!!
Growing Firsties will be having a Pete the Cat Giveaway soon!!

Post a Comment