Saturday, July 14, 2012

Have you filled a bucket today?

Have you filled someone's bucket today? I am sure most of you know about bucket fillers. I love this concept, but for the past few years I have not used it in my kindergarten classroom. I moved from first grade to kindergarten three years ago, and I wasn't sure how to use it in kindergarten.

My son's amazing first grade teacher used this book and concept in his classroom and I was amazed to see the wonderful impact it had on my son. I have also found so many awesome blog postings and cool bulletin board displays from other kindergarten teachers! I decided to implement it again this upcoming school year. I made a new emergent reader and a bulletin board set. The clip art is from Melonheadz and the borders are from Scrappin Doodles. Please visit my TPT store and take a look!


Bucket Filler Bulletin Board

This is an image of one of the two types of slips.

These are the tags to use for the individual buckets!

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Heather's Heart said...

Very cute! I love Nikki's clip art! =)

I love bucket filling. We have a class bucket. We add helpful hearts to it (heart beads). When a child notices someone doing something helpful or kind they go to that child and say, "I am going to add you a helpful heart for _________." And the child that is having the heart added answers by saying "Thank you for noticing that." At the end of the year everyone gets to make a helpful heart bracelet. It is one of the sweetest things ever. =)


Heather
Heather's Heart

Allison said...

That is such an awesome idea! I may have to "steal" that!!!! Thank you!

Mrs. Lindsey said...

So cute! What a great way to implement bucket filling in K! And I LOVE Heather's idea!

Lindsey
Lovin’ Kindergarten

Post a Comment